Here at Walker’s Logs we are taking the Coronavirus very seriously and we are abiding the guidelines set out by the Government.
Taking care of our staff and customers is our priority during these extraordinary times and we plan to do this whilst continuing with deliveries.
To date none of our staff have shown symptoms of the virus, but should this change we will keep our customers informed.
To ensure our staff and clients stay as safe as possible we are taking the following precautionary measures:
- Any member of staff with a cough and/or temperature will self-isolate.
- Staff that have had contact with anyone with the Coronavirus will self-isolate.
- Our staff are carrying out regular cleaning to keep our vehicles and shared workspaces as clean as possible.
Regarding Log Deliveries:
- Effective immediately, we will NOT be stacking logs inside customers’ homes and we will only be offering our stacking service outside, or into outbuildings.
- Payment will be by card over the phone prior to delivery. Cash or cheques will not be accepted by our drivers, as this involves contact between our staff and customers.
- We may have to postpone orders at very short notice.
- If we experience reduced delivery capacity, we will prioritise elderly customers, and customer’s who use logs for their main source of heat.
Regarding Log Collections:
- Please call ahead to place your order, and pay for it over the phone.
- Then when you get to the yard, you will see your order in the barn next to the office with your name on it. Please then load your vehicle.
- Please do not enter the office.
- If you have any queries please knock on the window, or call us on 01285 720940.
These measures may seem drastic, but we are in unprecedented times, and our priority is the safety of our staff and customers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.